So it's official. I've decided to stay in Paraguay. Sorry to all of those who thought that I had a chance of coming home early. Why is this? Because I'm in love with Paraguay. I'm in love with the people, the culture... and the dog. (Her name is Lorenza.)
I'm also becoming more comfortable in my house. I've found a place to read, which makes me able to officially dub this place comfortable. My reading spot, (much to the dismay of my host parents) is on the roof of the house.

Being the only 'foriegner' in my school, I also find my self surrounded by people who want to know more about me. I'm making new friends daily, and speaking more spanish. However, I have not forgotten my fellow Americans here in Paraguay, so friday night I had an AFS party, celebrating our time here.
So, yeah. I'm staying.


2 comments

Unknown said...

must be weird to see some of your AFS friends going home already from the summer programs. Sounds like you gave them a good send off! happy rooftop reading. :-) love you and miss you! mom

omi said...

Again great reading - loved it. Glad your are liking it more and more - but please do come back. Strange place to read just don't fall off. Love you! Take care - omi