(Me and my friend Luli.)

So on monday, I went on a class trip to Misiónes, a part of Paraguay some 500 km from Asunción, where I'm living now. It was a long bus ride, but I still had tons of fun. This fun included, much to my surprise, riding horse! I was so excited, since I haven't rode since I came home from Wilderness Pursuit.


The horse I'm riding in the above was only my 'starter' horse. I had to go out riding a few times to convince the vaqueros (cowboys, in a sense) that I actually knew what I was doing. It surprized them, seeing a woman that could ride so well. So after a bit of showing off, they switched me to a more difficult, young horse that needed an experienced rider. After switching, I really rode all day, not wanting to take the breaks that they forced upon me. A couple times I went out by myself, exploring the thousands of acres that they had at their disposal. The terrian is much like the west in America; flat, barren, and dry, so it was hard to get lost. When I returned from one of my trips, I was able to take part in a cattle drive which ment a few more hours of riding (which I didn't mind at all, really).


The cattle drive had us moving thousands of cows. And when I say thousands, I mean it. I've never seen so many cows in my life, and I'm from Wisconsin, for pete's sake.
I quickly learned the art of driving cattle, and found myself fitting in quite nicely in the middle of the Paraguayan wild west. But once it was over, it was over. I was under the influence that I'd be riding the next day, but I was scammed and sentenced into a day of boring, smelly museums on tuesday. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure how I went this long without riding...but as usual, I'll find a fix for it, or I'll make one myself. I usually do. :D


2 comments

omi said...

Looking good! Hope the next chance for you to do this is not to far off. - Omi

Hannah said...

Wow. My name is Hannah, I'm going to PY in February with AFS, and I'm from Wisconsin. Crazy coincidence.