Adapting

¿Que tál, Uds.?
(Wazzup, peeps?)

So I´m now just beginning to fall into the rythm of the Paraguayan lifestyle. Everybody here is so laid back, it´s scary sometimes. On Sundays (when the maid, cook, and driver are off) the family and I are left to fend for ourselves. So what did we do? I´ll put it this way: I slept in until noon, and I was the first person up. The day didn´t start until around 3:00, and even then we were just going shopping. One of Jor´s friends needed to buy something, so we tagged along. But afterwards, we went to church. What I was expecting was this humungo Roman-Catholic cathedral, but what I got was mass outside!! It´s the dead of winter here right now and I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. (Everybody else was in jackets and layers!!)
But today is another day, and the help is back, so all will get back to normal. I´m not sure yet when I´m supposed to start school, but I do know that my Spanish lessons start today.

¡Chao!

1 comments

the M of SMAT said...

Hi
Glad to hear that you made it okay. Too bad you are having such a terrible time...and are ready to come home already!!! Missed you Up-North.
Love,
SMAT